A Tender Tale of a Teacher and His Student



"Relationships, they say, are vast buildings that require patience, commitment, and endurance to get built. Ours wasn't a different story.

Hi, I am Muhammad Ahmad Shehu I was born into a family that trains everyone to be a professional teacher from a tender age. We have had the luxury to teach so far, and you have learnt better than a group of people when you get to teach them what you know.

This girl, who was radiant from day one, self-disciplined, and stood out amongst her peers, was lucky for me to have her in my class or lesson group to teach. I was young, and she was too, so we were both ignorant of what love was. But there was this sparkly feeling that runs through my spine whenever we had eye contact though it barely happened.

Things were like that till I got administration at the prestigious Nigerian Military School, Zaria. To refresh my already concluding secondary school education. I was happy I would wear the army uniform but I was sad I won't see my Sa'adiyya again. At least to steal a glance and smile like an idiot.

Years went too fast and boom I graduated in 2015 and you know when you are meant for each other your path will always cross over and over again. My Sa'adiyya was in her final year in Secondary school and would write jamb 2016. I got an offer to put their class through with the little experience I had. It was then the admiration became fully blown.

Not clearly defined though because we didn't even talk much but a blind could sense there was something fishy between us. When it was due for the lessons to end we had the luxury to exchange contact and that was where it began. We started having long night chats I didn't have the audacity to call her because her voice would melt my heart and I would stutter so we chatted always and she sounded clueless about my need.

Even though she gave me all her attention, respecting her teacher she thought. She didn't know I wasn't a teacher anymore but a normal guy craving her love. Millions of times I feel like opening up but I feel these sickening feelings that she might turn me down and I might lose my greatest asset which was the respect she had for me.

Then one day I talked to her friend called Marsiyya now Mardiyya. "See I love Sa'adiyya and I don't know how to go about telling her". She was surprised "how on earth could you tell me that you two aren't dating yet, with this great chemistry between you two?" It was obvious that we were meant for each other. But one was an innocent student respecting her teacher while the other is a teacher who values his respect more than his feelings.

This affection reached my neck, my spine, and every sensitive part of my body. My thoughts revolve around Sa'adiyya. This moment, I couldn't control it again. I went directly to her DM. Since I knew her schedule in my mind, I timed when she wasn't online and with the help of few pictures I got online, I passed the message from my heart to Sa'adiyya.

You won't believe that for three days, I trembled, I dared not put on my data because I knew I had touched the lions tail. Being rejected will cause a great havoc to our sweet relationship and I won't be able to face my student again. Worst of it is, if she becomes rude. How will I save myself from this wreck? I asked myself.

It's good to have a good brother whom you can pour your all into. I called my brother on the 4th and explained what I had done to him. His reply was, “You and Sa'adiyya will make a perfect match, and I believe she feels for you what you feel too. Please be a man and put on your data and read the sweet reply from her.“ His words were encouraging. The hope was lit, with a shivering hand as I put on my data.

Messages rushed in, and hers was among them too, confirming she had seen it. My drama...funny right? Her reply was neutral: “Thank you for loving me.“ I sighed, the relief was enormous; my curiosity was quenched, and my nerves were calm. With the mildest of touches, I kept reminding her of how much she means to me. I can't really say I knew when she started loving me back but I am sure today our bond is so strong to be reckoned with."

Shared on July 2nd, 2023

Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular posts from this blog

Steps to a Better You

Building Trust

Communication Secrets for Stronger Connections